What is personal information?
Personal information is information which relates to a living individual who can be identified from that information, or from that information and other information in a person’s possession, including any expression of opinion, whether true or not, and whether recorded in material form or not, about an identified or reasonably identified individual, and any indication of intention in respect of an individual.
How do we collect personal information?
Generally, we will collect personal information you provided upon your FlipCloud account application completion. If necessary, we might also attempt to collect personal information directly from you, in person, by telephone, letter, facsimile, or email. It may be necessary for us to collect personal information about you from a third party. This includes where we may be required to obtain information held by the school you work for, if you are a school teacher. Where this occurs, we will assume you have consented to your personal information being collected by us and to us handling it in accordance with this Policy. You should let us know immediately if you become aware that your personal information has been provided to us by another person without your consent.
How do we use personal information?
By providing us, or otherwise allowing us to collect, your personal information, you consent to us using and disclosing your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected, and for related or ancillary purposes, such as any one or more of the following purposes:
– identification of fraud or error;
– regulatory reporting and compliance;
– developing, improving and marketing our products and services and those of our related entities;
– servicing our relationship with you by, among other things, providing updates on promotions and services we think may interest you;
– involving you in market research, gauging customer satisfaction and seeking feedback regarding our relationship with you;
– for marketing activities including but not limited to mail-outs, emails, e-newsletters, SMS notifications and telephone calls;
– internal accounting and administration; and
– other purposes as permitted or required by law (e.g. to prevent a threat to life, health or safety).
We are only allowed to store your personal information for as long as necessary having regard to the purpose for which it was collected or a related or ancillary purpose. We may therefore delete your personal information after a reasonable period of time and, if you have not used our services for some time, you may have to re-enter or re-supply your personal information to us.
Is personal information disclosed to third parties?
Yes. You also consent to the personal information about you which we collect or receive being processed, transferred and/or disclosed by us in the following circumstances:
– in each of the circumstances set out in the previous section “How do we use personal information?”;
– as permitted or required by law;
– to various regulatory bodies and law enforcement officials and agencies, including to protect against fraud and for related security purposes;
– to third party suppliers of IT based solutions that assist us in providing products and services to you;
– where we suspect that unlawful activity has been or may be engaged in and the personal information is a necessary part of our investigation or reporting of the matter;
– to third parties who may involve you in market research for the purpose of servicing our relationship with you and improving the services we provide; and
– to third parties for the purpose of analysing trends in sales and travel destinations.
The third parties to whom we disclose your personal information may also be taken to have collected your personal information in their own right, for their internal use.
Other than the above, we will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless we reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a threat to life, health or safety or for certain action to be undertaken by an enforcement body (e.g. prevention, detection, investigation, prosecution or punishment of criminal offences), disclosure is authorised or required by law or disclosure is otherwise permitted by applicable privacy laws.
Access to and correction of personal information
Subject to any exceptions set out in applicable privacy laws, we invite you to access any personal information we may hold about you. Where personal information we hold about you is not accurate, complete, up-to-date or relevant, you may ask us to correct that personal information, and we will respond to your request within a reasonable time. We reserve the right to confirm the identity of the person seeking access or correction to personal information before complying with such a request.
You must always provide accurate information and you agree to update it whenever necessary. You also agree that, in the absence of any update, we can assume that the information submitted to us is correct.
We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. When the visitor revisits the website, we may recognise the visitor by the cookie and customise the visitor’s experience accordingly. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser’s “help” file.
If you reject cookies, you may still have access to our website, but your ability to use some areas of our website, such as contests or surveys, will be limited.
If you have any enquiries, comments or complaints about this Policy or our handling of your personal information, please contact us on email@example.com
Changes to our Policy
From time to time it may be necessary for us to review and revise this Policy. We reserve the right to change our Policy at any time and for any reason. If we make a change to the Policy, the revised version will be posted on our website.
Last updated Friday, 19 June 2017
Actura Australia ABN: 83601749133